04 December 2015

Jekyll and Hyde via Arthur

This week I was writing a review of a scholarly book that mentioned The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, and what happened is what always happens when I think of that book: I got a song from the PBS children's show Arthur stuck in my head. Just the chorus, which goes
JEKYLL JEKYLL HYDE JEKYLL HYDE HYDE JEKYLL JEKYLL JEKYLL HYDE JEKYLL HYYYYYDE
But this time I actually looked up the song, and was reminded of its full lyrical greatness, which I now present to you:

I am sure Robert Louis Stevenson would be proud.
JEKYLL JEKYLL HYDE JEKYLL HYDE HYDE JEKYLL JEKYLL JEKYLL HYDE JEKYLL HYYYYYDE
I don't have the time or energy to write something better this week, so watch this, because it's all you're getting out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment